Monday, June 9, 2014

"But I already went to my prom!"

Nikki, here! How ya doing?

In talking with folks about the Bariatric Prom, I realized something quite simple that I should have realized in the beginning.

Not everyone's prom experience was the same as mine. Some of you went to your proms and had a lovely time. Some of you were even - dare I say - SKINNY for your first proms!

And guess what? You still should come to The Bariatric Prom. Why?

Well in my estimation, usually when bariatric folks get together for a nice evening event it's during some conference. Which is ok. I love weight-loss surgery conferences. I'm attending one and am presenting at another in the coming months!

But I also think it'd be nice to have an event that's JUST for fun. We WLS folk have a blast when we get together. Nobody gets us like us! Nobody else understands the sounds our stomachs make when we eat. Nobody understands the trials and tribulations of getting a waitress to understand that - NO! - you do not want water with your meal! And few people understand what losing so much weight in such a short time can do to your psyche.

So let's have a night just for us. To celebrate our new way of life (notice I did not say our bodies - our bodies are great but not everyone feels like they are "there" yet - wherever that is - but guess what? You still have stuff to celebrate!).

Let's have a night where all the food is WLS-friendly and our dates have to adjust. Let's have a night with some good dancing. Let's have a night of taking photos with friends (and making new friends to take photos with!). Let's give ourselves this one night where we can take a moment and appreciate the wonderful thing we've done for ourselves in reclaiming our health and lives.

So let's do this! You with me? If so, use the link below to get your tickets. Early Bird sales end June 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment